Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mark 5

Scripture: Mark chapter 5

Observation: There are 3 miracles spoken of here: Jesus orders a legion of demons out of a man, Jairus' daughter is raised from the dead, and the bleeding woman who was healed. This woman had suffered 12 years with constant hemorraging, yet she believed Jesus could heal her if she just reached out and touched His garment. Jesus told her it was her faith that healed her. He stopped to recognize and bless her.

Application: Though Jesus was on His way to see Jairus' daughter, He stopped to see about this bleeding woman. Jesus is never too busy to stop and listen to us, and to care for our needs. Even if it means waiting (this woman waited 12 years), Jesus will stop and tend to each one of us.

Prayer: Father, You are so faithful. You are never too busy to listen to my prayers and see to my needs. I know how much You care about me; teach me to also be caring towards others. Show me how to be compassionate as You are, and to help those in need. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment