Monday, October 8, 2012

Genesis 46

Scripture:  Genesis 46:1-27

Observation:  As Jacob is traveling to Egypt, the Lord appears to him in a vision.  The Lord promises to make Israel a great nation in Egypt, and tells him not to fear.  They continued on to Egypt, Jacob, his sons, their wives, and all his grandchildren, which are named by lineage.

Application:  All in all, 215 years have passed since God made the promise to Abraham that his descendants would become a great nation.  It may take time, but God's promises never fail. Abraham did not see the promise come to fruition in his lifetime, yet he still trusted God.  Even when I don't see the answers to my prayers right away, and even when the promises seem to never happen, I can trust that God's word never returns to Him void.

Prayer:  Heavenly Father, Your Word is true.  We have the promises from the past for our future, and just as You kept Your Word to Abraham and his descendants, I trust You to keep Your Word that You made 2,000 years ago.  Whether in my lifetime or not, I trust that the Kingdom will come, and that Your Will will be done on earth as it is in heaven.  I rest secure in that promise.  Thank You Lord.  In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

1 comment: