Saturday, August 1, 2009

Luke 13, Part 2

Scripture: Luke 13:10-21

Observation: A crippled woman goes to the synagogue to worship on the sabbath. Jesus sets her free from her infirmity, and she immediately praises God. However, the synagogue leaders are angered, and tell the crowds to come for healing any day except the sabbath. Jesus calls them hypocrites who would do for their animals what they won't do for their fellow human beings. They are put to shame, and the crowds rejoice. Jesus then tells them His kingdom grows like a mustard seed or yeast, starting small and multiplying rapidly.

Application: The crippled woman, though twisted and unable to stand straight, was at the synagogue to worship. She didn't let her infirmity prevent her from keeping public worship in her life. Because of this she was blessed with healing. Do I let a simple cold or small aches and pains keep me from my time with my Heavenly Father?

Prayer: Lord, it's easy to complain about my health, my sorrows, and my disadvantages. I can spend my life in misery, or I can trust You to give me strength to get through life's difficulties. I choose You, Lord. On my own I can't manage, but with Your power I can do all things. Rather than be negative, I will, as the apostle Paul, "boast the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me." (2 Corinthians 12:9). In Your Precious name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment