Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Luke 16, Part 1

Scripture: Luke 16:1-13

Observation: The Parable of the Dishonest Manager. In this parable, a manager is found out to be squandering his master's money. Angered, the master demands accounts from the manager, and fires him. The manager realizes the predicament he's in: he has no employment, his reputation will precede him and he will be ruined. He calls in his master's debtors, and reduces their debt, probably by his own commission. His master calls him shrewd, since he will now be viewed more favorably by his neighbors. Jesus then tells His discipes that they must use their resources wisely; he who is faithful with little will be faithful with much. God tests if we love money more than Him.

Application: God entrusts us with little, and when we show our faithfulness, He entrusts us with more. If we are unfaithful with little, can we be trusted with much? No; God prepares us step by step for the responsibilities He has in store. Faithfulness is the key.

Prayer: And Father, my desire is to be faithful in all, large and small, even what seems insignificant, because to You nothing is insignificant. You want to be a part of my entire life, and I need You to be involved in all aspects, because I realize that on my own I only create disaster. Lead me, guide me, show me Your ways, Oh God. In Christ Jesus I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment